Simpro has been developing, manufacturing and retailing smart materials-handling equipment for over thirty years. From humble beginnings as a small engineering firm in Auckland, New Zealand, the company has grown into a leading global supplier of handling equipment for niche applications – such as bin lifters and tippers, pallet stackers, reach trucks, electric forklifts and goods lifts.
Simpro products play an unobtrusive but essential role for thousands of companies around the world, in industries as diverse as waste management, food processing, resource extraction and pharmaceutical manufacturing. They are available through a network of dealers and service agents which spans the globe, and are backed by a sophisticated in-house design and fabrication capability.
Simpro is a family-owned company, registered with the New Zealand Companies Office as Simpro Handling Equipment Limited, company no. 1827916.
As new technologies appear and new markets develop, the pace of change is plainly not about to ease. But our team at Simpro remains committed to staying in front the same way we have for the past thirty years – through constant innovation.Stephen Simmons - Managing Director - Simpro Handling Equipment Ltd
Here are some milestones of the past three decades:
- Simpro Handling Equipment started in Auckland, New Zealand by mechanical engineer Stephen Simmons, building truck-mounted lifting machinery.
- Leased factory in Onehunga, Auckland.
- First Simpro stationary bin lifter released. It is called the Ezi-Dump and uses a complex mechanical screw drive.
- Development of efficient hydraulic tipping mechanism – still in use today, in evolutionary form, on Simpro products.
- Developed and patented Quikstak “smart-stacker” with infra-red height sensing function.
- First export sales to Australia.
- Development of MegaDumper heavy-duty industrial bin tippers.
- At the turn of the millennium Simpro acquired larger premises in Auckland to accommodate an expanding manufacturing operation; over 1000 machines built.
- Began to develop further export markets, including the UK. Continued sales growth in Australia and New Zealand despite increased competition following expiry of IP protection.
- Despite global recession, multiple new products developed and released including Multi-Tip, Crate Wizard and solar power. All product design transitioned to CAD environment.
- Ezi-MT manual bin tipper released as a cost effective and eco-friendly alternative to hydraulic machines.
- Purchase of first 3D printer for rapid prototyping.
- Agent agreements with Solus Group in Missouri, USA and S-Craft in Cheshire, UK, expand sales reach in key global markets.
- Simpro announces the acquisition of a new office and manufacturing facility in Takanini, South Auckland, in order to accomodate future growth.
- Simpro announces a strategic relationship with EP Equipment in China to better serve the New Zealand Warehouse and Logistics industries.